“We are waiting for a lot of snow!!!” … this is exactly what we said last year too! And then it still happened …. We do not give up hope!
“Carbon Hill Race Day” & Cadence Cycle Twister
Sunday, January 13th, 2019
at the Lorne Mountain Community Centre on KM 1 of the Annie Lake Road.
“The Carbon Hill Race Day” will be part of our DPSAY Twister Race series again.
We will host 4 races at the event:
- 30-MILES for skijorers and dog sleds (8-dogs max for sleds and 4-dogs max for skijorers)
- 10-MILES for skijorers and dog sleds (8-dogs max for sleds and 4-dogs max for skijorers)
- 6- MILES Recreation Class – (non competitive) open to multiple disciplines for participants of 12 years of age and older(ski, kick sled, fat bike etc – 2 dogs max)
- 100 –yard Kids Dash open to children of any age. Parents must help/participate/supervise. (Small sleds and a dog can be provided or bring your own)
The 30mile sled/skijor race will follow either the incredibly scenic Alligator Lake trail loop (app. 36 miles) or the traditional 30-mile Annie Lake loop.
Both trails have been used in the past and are equally appreciated by participants. Trail and snow conditions will determine which trail will be used on January 13th.
The 6 and 10-mile races will be the same trails that have been used for many past Carbon Hill events.
Registration, Cost and Meetings
30 –miles: Register between 9:00 – 9:45 am, Mandatory mushers meeting at 10 am
$35 for DPSAY members and $50 for Non-Members
10-miles: Register between 9:00 – 9:45 am, Mandatory mushers meeting at 10 am
$10 for DPSAY members and $25 for Non-Members
6-miles: Register between 12:00 – 12:45 pm, Mandatory meeting 12:45 pm
$5 for DPSAY members and $15 for Non-Members
100-yard Dash: Just show! No charge.
(Non-Members will have the option to become DPSAY Members with registration. $15/Individuals Adults, $10/Individuals 18 years and under)
30-mile race: 11:00 am (2 min intervals)
10-mile race: 12:00 pm (2 min intervals)
6-mile race: 1:30 pm (1 min intervals)
100-yard Dash: 1:45 pm
Junior Mushers (2 dogs max) may be entered into the Recreation Class event with the approval of, and at the discretion of the Race Marshal.
Any participant under the age of 16 will be asked to wear a helmet.
GRAVY TRAIN will be back to feed you! They will be serving hot food, snacks as well as hot and cold drinks.
Remember to bring some cash!
Following the races we will close out the day with an Awards Ceremony!
The Organizers of The Carbon Hill Race Day would like to give a special “Thank you” to our main sponsors for this event:
- Duffy’s Pets and Tanzilla Harness Supply
- Impact Well Drilling
- Icy Waters Ltd
If you have any question or wish to volunteer please email DPSAY: email@example.com
The following volunteer positions are available:
- Set up/Clean up
- Parking Coordinator
- Start Chute Helpers
- Trail Help (stationed at major trail cut-offs on race day)
- First Aid standby
Do the snow dance! … naked!