Hi Yukon Mushers,
We are excited for the new snow and for our next Yukon Brewing Twister Race on March 22nd, 2015 hosted by Muktuk Kennels in the Ibex Valley !
For those who never been, you will enjoy this really nice location and freshly groomed trail on the Takhini river.
The race will follow the usual Twister format with 2 options:
– 12 miles course with 6 to 8 dogs for sleds and 2 to 4 dogs for skijorers.
– 4 miles course for the recreational class with 4 dogs for sleds and 1 to 2 dogs for skijorers.
Schedule for the day will be:
– 10 am: registration
– 10:30 am: musher’s meeting
– 11 am: 12 miles race
– 12:30: rec class race
– 1:30 pm: POTLUCK!
Let’s enjoy the fresh snow and spring light !
Come join us at this beautiful place and bring something to share for the potluck. A barbeque is available 🙂
Sponsors for the race are Yukon Brewing, Men’s World, Icycle, Captsone, Aurora Booties, Gerry Willomitzer for Distance Food.
– 12 and 4 mile races: $10 for members, $15 for non members
– Membership: $15 for individual, $25 for kennels.
– Water available for dogs (ask Muktuk handlers)
– Outhouse available for humans 😉
See YOU there !