We just wanted to remind everyone that “The Carbon Hill Race Day” is this coming Sunday (January 18th) at the Lorne Mountain Community Centre KM 1 on Annie Lake Road. This will be the first Yukon Brewing Twister Race Series event of the season.
The Schedule for the day will be as follows:
· 9 – 9:45 am: Registration for both the 30 and 10-mile events
· 10 am: Mandatory mushers meeting for the 30 and 10 miles races
· 11 am: 30-mile Race will start with teams leaving in 2min intervals
· 12 pm: 10 mile Race will start with teams also leaving in 2min intervals
· 12 pm: Registration for the Rec. Class will start
· 12:45 pm: Mandatory Mushers meeting for the Rec. class
· 1:30 pm: Start time for the 6 miles with teams leaving in 1min intervals.
· 2:30 pm: Awards ceremony!
· 10 and 30 miles: 6-8 dogs for sleds, 2-4 dogs for skijorers
· 6 miles/rec class: 2-4 dogs for sleds, 1-2 dogs for skijorers, 2 dogs for kicksled (fat bikers welcome).
Note: Kids under 16 years old could enter the 6 miles race at the discretion of the race marshall. All kids under 16 must wear a helmet. A short race will be organized for young kids if there is interest.
· 30 miles: $35 for DPSAY members and $50 for Non-Members.
· 10 miles: $10 for DPSAY members and $25 for Non-Members.
· 6 miles: $5 for DPSAY members and $15 for Non-Members.
Note: Non-Members will have the option to become DPSAY Members with registration. Membership is $15 for individuals and $25 for kennels. Please bring cash for payment.
· The kitchen will be open and operated as a concession by Easy Street Treats who will be serving hot food and snacks as well as drinks both hot and cold. So remember to bring some cash.
· Toilets are available.
· Water for dogs is available outside.
DPSAY is really excited to now be hosting The Carbon Hill Race day and we really hope to see all of you out on Sunday.
The Organizers of The Carbon Hill Race Day would also like to give a special thanks to our Purse sponsors for this event: Duffy’s Pets and Tanzilla Harness Supply, Impact Drilling and Icy Waters.
If you have any question or wish to volunteer (there are many positions available) please email DPSAY @ email@example.com
Keep hoping for colder weather and snow people!