…Crispin Studer (dogsled) and Stefan Wackerhagen (skijor)!!!
At the blustery finish line the first team to cross was Crispin Studer at 10:51 this morning, with a total run time of 11hours, 9 minutes. Normand Casavant was close behind and Karine Grenier was third place in the dogsledding class. A total of 11 dogsled teams completed the 2011 River Runner 100.
Stefan Wackerhagen had an impressive run time in the skijor class of 15:32 and was the only skijorer to finish the race. Cynthia Corriveau scratched in Mendenhall due to an injured dog and Gaetan Pierrard scratched midway through the second leg because of a broken ski boot.
All of the team ranks, name, times in to Whitehorse and run times overall are as follows:
1. Stefan Wackerhagen, 14:36, 15:32
1. Crispin Studer, 10:51, 11:09
2. Normand Casavant, 11:15, 11:33
3. Karine Grenier, 12:07, 12:25
4. Pierre Duc, 12:28, 12:46
5. Brian Wilmshurst, 13:35:10, 13:53
6. Claudia Wickert, 13:35:15, 13:53
7. Marine Gastard, 14:22, 14:40
8. Alexandra Rochat, 14:40, 14:58
9. Debbie Knight, 14:49, 15:07
10. Ryan Kinna, 15:44, 16:02
11. David Mason, 16:28, 16:46
Banquet is at 6:30 tonight at the Mt. Mac Centre with many awards and draw prizes to be handed out. We will let you know how that all goes down later on…