With all the (annoying and time consuming, but necessary!) paperwork out of the way, DPSAY is now moving on to fine tuning race details. We are now looking for volunteers! We need volunteers for the following positions:
- Start/Finish Line – set up/take down, sled holders, security, dog yard, parking, general organization.
- Mendenhall Checkpoint – set up, take down, checkers, parking lot/spectator control.
- Aishihik Bridge – we need people here to ensure mushers cross the bridge safely. We also need help preparing the chute that goes over the bridge. And we will provide a wall tent for your comfort!
- Finish Line – parking lot, checkers, set up, etc.
- Finish Banquet (Haines Junction Convention Centre) – this is a potluck type banquet so if you have a tasty dish you’d like to donate, let us know! We also need people to help set up the Centre, help with the awards ceremony and clean up.
And there are many more choice positions available! Come on out, support this new, innovative race and if you sign up early, you get first pick of positions and shifts!
Leave a comment here or send us an email if you’re interested and please pass on the news! See you at the start line!
Next up: Trail info! Our Trail Master Mike is out packing trails with a crew THIS weekend, way to get a head start and set up a nice base! What a beautiful weekend to drive the trail on snowmachine. 🙂